The selection of low-cost smartphones from Nokia keeps expanding. During the ongoing IFA 2022, the company has just unveiled the Nokia C31 along with a new tablet and a few audio accessories. We can also confirm that this phone will soon be available in Nepal. So let’s look at the official specifications and features, the anticipated price in Nepal, and the availability of the new Nokia C31 in this post.
Design & Display
The C31 has a recognizable polycarbonate (plastic) build quality, just like pretty much every other low-cost phone from Nokia. Additionally, at 200 grams and 8.6 mm wide, this phone is quite tall and hefty. It is IP52-certified against dust and water drips, unlike its predecessor, the Nokia C30, though.
A tall 6.75-inch LCD screen with thick bezels on all four sides, particularly the chin, greets you up front. This time, at least, the bottom doesn’t have an unnecessary “Nokia” branding. Nokia also claims to have used a 2.5D toughened glass for the display, though it does not specify which one. Unfortunately, the resolution is still HD.
Therefore, despite the company’s slight reduction in display size, the enormous screen of the Nokia C31 will inevitably make everything look pixelated. There are three color options for the phone: Charcoal, Cyan, and Mint.
Regrettably, Nokia has not upgraded performance this time either. We know the phone has an octa-core CPU architecture with four Cortex-A55 and four Cortex-A53 cores, each clocked at 1.6GHz and 1.2GHz, respectively, but the product page for the phone is silent on the specific chip that powers it.
This and the 28nm Unisoc SC9863A chip that we saw in the C30 are quite similar. That one, however, has two clusters of four Cortex-A55 cores that operate at the same frequency as this one. The Nokia C31’s ability to be configured with 3 or 4GB of RAM is the only feature worth taking into account as an upgrade in this case.
Instead of the Nokia C30’s base model’s 2GB. However, Nokia has also made the decision to use the complete Android 12 operating system on the C31. As opposed to its predecessor’s lighter Go Edition of Android.
Interestingly, the Nokia C31 will receive quarterly security updates for two years, but there is currently no information on OS upgrades. The phone comes with 32, 64, or 128GB of internal memory as options for storage. Additionally, a designated slot in the SIM tray allows it to accept micro SD cards up to 256GB in size.
The camera section also doesn’t see many improvements generally. Nevertheless, Nokia chose a square camera module as opposed to the circular one on its predecessor. Additionally, it has a second 2MP macro camera in addition to the same 13MP main and 2MP depth sensors.
The teardrop notch’s 5MP selfie camera is still there. The Google Camera app, which is used by the Nokia C31, offers features like Portrait mode, HDR, Night mode, and more. Additionally, it includes the GoPro Quik app, a straightforward photo and video editor that I’m confident will work flawlessly on this low-cost phone.
Rest of the features
A sizable 5050mAh battery powers the Nokia C31 and, according to the manufacturer, should last up to 3 days on a single charge. In contrast, the Nokia C30 promised a 3-day battery life and had a much larger 6000mAh battery. In any case, the charging situation hasn’t improved at all. It still has a 10W (5V/2A) power limit, and it only uses a micro USB port. Oof.
At the back of the Nokia C31 is a fingerprint sensor for security. Additionally, it supports face unlock, which is said to function even when you’re wearing a mask, though I have my doubts about the security of this feature. Back speakers and a wired audio output 3.5mm headphone jack are both present. Additionally, you can stream FM radio wirelessly or over wires.
Nokia C31 Specifications:
- Design & Build: 8.55mm thick, 200gm, IP52 dust/water drip resistant
- Display: 6.75-inches LCD, 60Hz refresh rate, 2.5D toughened glass
- Resolution: HD+ (1600 x 720 pixels), 260 PPI, 20:9 aspect ratio
- Chipset: Unspecified
- CPU: Octa-core:– 4x Cortex-A55 (1.60 GHz)– 4x Cortex-A53 (1.20 GHz)
- Memory: 3/4GB RAM, 32/64/128GB storage (expandable up to 256GB)
- Software & UI: Android 12 (with 2 years of security updates)
- Rear Camera: Triple (with LED flash);
– 13MP primary sensor, Autofocus (AF)
– 2MP depth sensor, fixed focus
– 2MP macro lens, fixed focus
- Front Camera: 5MP sensor (teardrop notch)
- Audio: Mono speaker (back), 3.5mm headphone jack, Wired/wireless FM radio
- Security: Physical fingerprint sensor (rear-mounted), Face unlock
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Ambient Light, Proximity
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM (Nano), WiFi 4 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / AGPS / Galileo, micro USB (USB 2.0), 4G LTE
- Battery: 5050mAh with 10W charging (10W power adapter provided)
- Color Options: Charcoal, Cyan, Mint
Nokia C31 Price in Nepal
|Nokia C31||Price in Nepal (Expected)|